Château de Pompadour and Ecuries de l'Orangerie
Rebuilt in the 15th century on the feudal mound, Château de Pompadour was remodelled in the 18th century. In 1745, it was given the title of Marquise to the famous favourite of Louis XV. Partly destroyed during the Revolution, it was destroyed by fire in the 19th century.
All that remains of this important fortress is the south wing and the outer wall. The façade, with its machicolated battlements, is flanked by large pepper-pot towers.
A gatehouse leads to a wide terrace surrounded by moats and flanked by seven low towers. It currently houses a stud farm, first royal in 1761 and then national in 1872.
Groupe accepté à partir de 20 personnes
Pets are allowed.