Church of Notre-Dame-des-Bans in Treignac
A Romanesque church (13th century), it was frequented by the inhabitants of the castle district and the servants of the lords. Notre Dame de la Basse Cour was the first name given to the church, which was located in the lower courtyard of the castle. This name was abandoned in favour of Notre Dame des Bans (Our Lady of the Bans), as news of interest to the people of Treignac was announced in this square. This "criée" was called the ban. The church was rebuilt in 1471. The bell tower was rebuilt in 1602 and a Louis XIII-style left side door was opened.