Church of Saint-Etienne de Lubersac
This church has been known as Saint-Etienne since 1171.
Saint Stephen: lived in the 1st century: a disciple of the apostles, he is considered to be the 1st martyr. Like the surrounding churches, it was pillaged by English troops at the end of the 12th century and rebuilt in the following century. A great deal of work was carried out on the church, including raising the bell tower and enlarging the nave. In 1910, it was listed as a Historic Monument. It is a Romanesque church with 22 historiated capitals dating from the 11th and 12th centuries.
The cross next to the church is shaped like a "pattée" because it is flared at the ends. It stands on the former altar of the church and was previously located in the old cemetery opposite the building.
Don't miss it inside:
- Wall paintings,
- The painting by Emile Signol,
- the recumbent tomb of Bernard de Lubersac