The Renaissance house is also known as the Maison des Archiprêtres. The Archpriesthood of Lubersac covered 47 parishes (from Coussac-Bonneval to St-Pantaléon de Larche). This house housed both the parish priests of the parish church of St-Étienne and the branch church of St-Hilaire. It housed priests, archpriests, vicars and abbots. It was the 1st presbytery in Lubersac.
The arcaded façade and its sculptures date from the late 15th and early 16th centuries, and are the work of Italian sculptors who worked at Château du Montal in the Lot department.
After the canonically ordained priests, the Maison Renaissance housed the 10 sworn priests who took an oath "to the nation" between 1791 and 1793. The Town Hall moved here several times, as did the Justice of the Peace. The façade, roof and stair tower have been listed since 2003.
The Renaissance House is only visible from the outside.